Thursday, March 30, 2006

Zohar Vayikra 14:26

This comes from the Kabbalah Centres English Translation of the Zohar Vol 14, sec 26. The commentary of the Ba'al HaSulam (Yehuda Ashlag) has been taken out to see the text as it was written. In some cases the Ari's commentary is elucidating but in this case I thought having the verse itself would be clearer.

26. "And Hashem called to Moses, and spoke to him out of the Tent of Meeting saying" (Vayikra 1:1). Rabbi Chiya opened the discussion with the verse: "I came to my garden, my sister, my bride. I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk" (Shir Hashirim 5:1). The beginning of the verse disagrees with its ending and its ending with its beginning. It says, "I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk" and following this "Eat, O dear ones" (Ibid.). One who invites others does so when the food is set before him. However, once he has eaten, how can he invite another?

Here is the beginning of connection. This precedes the detailed instructions for the sacrifices which are to be made. It is in this connection that we will consider the greater meanings that the sparks of Zohar and Kabbalah are providing us. It is odd that these descriptions appear just prior to the elements of the temple sacrifices. In general sacrifices are those thoughts we need to let go in order to assure our connection and continue up the ladder of increasing understanding. The question that is asked leads us into discovering its inner meaning. On the surface, 'once he has eaten, how can he invite another?,' is confusing but consider this. When you learn something new and take it into your very being it is only then that you can share your discovery. While you are being filled with understanding is not the time to share your knowledge for you are still taking it in. Only when there is the acceptance of this wisdom can you make it your own to the point of being able now to share then what is truly yours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my friend... Just wanted to clarify... the Kabbalah Centre's capitalized commentary is NOT the Ari (Isaac Luria) of the 16th Century, but it is the commentary of Ba'al HaSulam (Yehuda Ashlag) of the 20th Century.

Just to clarify.... ;-)

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Philosophy Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Religion Blogs
Religion Blogs

Religion Blogs
Start Blogging Add to Technorati Favorites

ThinkExist.com Quotes